At Arccos, it is our mission to connect golfers with their highest potential using data, artificial intelligence, and other powerful tools that help play smarter and shoot lower scores. What makes golf a beautiful sport, is that everyone has their own unique playing style, and we created products that adapt to their tastes and help golfers of all levels better understand the strengths and weaknesses of their own unique game. At a basic level of using Arccos, you need sensors in each of your clubs. While most users start and stay with twist-in Smart Sensors, many players want the streamlined feel of Smart Grips. Here are the details you need to to decide if it’s ‘go time’ for ripping the Smart Grips:
RELATED: Are you buying Arccos as a Gift?
- Like to move sensors between different clubs, or rotate clubs in your bag frequently
- Your personal grip type or size is not yet unavailable as a ‘Smart’ option
- Gifting to someone
- Just purchased new “not smart” grips
- Seamless feel
- Streamlined look
- More stable
Many people ask what the sensors weigh. Arccos Caddie Smart Sensors (twist in) weigh 7.34 grams, and Smart Grip sensors (embedded) weigh 4.40 grams. Ian Fraser, Founder and CEO of TXG, explains that since the sensors sit outside of hand position, it has virtually no impact on a player’s swing weight.
Types of Arccos Smart Grips Available:
Golf Pride Tour Velvet – Available in standard size & midsize
Tour Velvet® is the most popular grip in golf today. It combines an exclusive, state-of-the-art rubber-blend compound, non-slip surface pattern for maximum playability, comfort, and confidence. The Tour Velvet® is the standard upon which many club manufacturers base their grip designs.
- State-of-the-art rubber-blend compound with a non-slip surface pattern for maximum playability and confidence.
- Scientifically designed plus sign texture created to pull moisture away from surface to allow for consistent traction.
- The standard in grip feel providing comfort and moderate feedback.
Golf Pride MCC Plus4 – Available in standard size & midsize
- The MCC Plus4™ is a tour-proven, hybrid golf grip featuring a larger lower hand and new softer rubber material. The MCC Plus4 simulates 4 additional wraps of tape on the lower hand to encourages lighter grip pressure, reduced tension, and increased power.
- The larger outside diameter simulates the feel of building up the grip with four extra wraps. This reduced taper encourages lighter grip pressure, promoting less tension in the hands and creating more fluidity and power throughout the swing.
- The exclusive Brushed Cotton Cord fuses moisture-wicking cotton fibers into a new soft rubber material for added stability in any condition.
- Engineered for softer feel and strategically placed for high traction. A soft micro-texture increases traction and comfort, while texture placement is ideal for maximum hand coverage.
Ideal for a golfer that wants the best of both worlds; combination of moisture management and feel. The grip provides a rougher texture in the upper hand for stability whilst a softer lower hand for feel. This golfer may play in all weather conditions.
Embedded Putter Sensors
We don’t currently sell putter grips with embedded sensors (but they’re on our radar). However, our friends over at Cobra have created one for their Limited Edition KING Supersport-35 putter. That being said, putter sensors are engineered slightly differently as they need to be a bit more sensitive than the others. Our twist in putter sensors fit into most putter grips, with the exception of SuperStroke Putter grips with counterweights. We sell the SuperStroke putter accessory for this.